The Out For Sport Awards 2023 was an evening of jubilation, camaraderie and recognition, honoring the outstanding achievements and contributions of LGBTQ+ sports clubs, teams and individuals. Held on Friday November 24 at the lovely Clifford Chance offices in Canary Wharf, the event showcased the remarkable journey of those who have made a significant impact in the LGBTQ+ sports community.
- Club of the Year: Knockout Boxing’s historic affiliation with England Boxing and their outstanding growth.
- Most Inclusive Club: London Royals Hockey Club’s groundbreaking initiatives supported by Nike Diversity Inclusion funding.
- Tournament of the Year: Camden Shorinji Kempo Club’s non-gendered tournament challenging traditional norms in a male-dominated sport.
- Emerging Club of the Year: LDN Riders’ meteoric rise, community contributions and commitment to inclusivity.
- Individual Triumphs: Kavita Kapoor’s rare 4th-level black belt achievement at Camden Shorinji Kempo Club.
- Ivan Bussens Award: Robert Dufton from Not So Trad, recognised for his impactful contributions to LGBTQ+ climbing and sports.
Experience the Success
For a comprehensive list of winners and inspiring stories, visit the Out For Sport Awards page. Join us in celebrating the diversity and excellence in LGBTQ+ sports and consider becoming a sponsor to support this inclusive initiative. Together, let’s continue building a more diverse, accepting and supportive sports community.